The Site is operated by Surf Creative (also referred to below as “we”, “us” or “our”).
We endeavour to take all due care to protect your personal information, in accordance with the applicable Data Protection legislation from time to time.
For the purposes of Data Protection legislation, Surf Creative is the data controller in respect of the personal information that we collect through the Website.
2. Information we may collect from you when you visit the Site
The personal information we collect when you visit the Site (“Information”) includes:
- your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number(s), and the company or other entity on whose behalf you are acting;
- records of emails and other correspondence (including any further information we may request from you) when you contact us to request information, report a problem, or provide feedback on our products and services;
- standard information automatically collected by our web server including your IP address, browser type, and operating system;
- details of your visits to our site, including access time.
If you contact us to enquire about a job vacancy, we will collect details relevant to your enquiry and any subsequent application you may make, which will include your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number(s), CV and work experience, and (in certain cases) your personal circumstances. We will provide you with further details at the time.
3. How we use your information
We will only use the Information we collect as follows:
- to provide you with the information about our products and services that you request;
- for internal record keeping, billing, accounting and market research purposes;
- to respond to any queries, complaints or requests for further information;
- to improve the content of the Site;
- to customise the content and/or layout of the Site; and
- to provide you with marketing information about other products and services we supply that may be of interest to you.
If you contact us to enquire about a job vacancy, we will only use your Information for that purpose.
4. On what basis do we use your information?
We will process the Information that you provide, or we collect from you, on the basis that it is necessary for our legitimate interests in promoting and marketing our products and services, and for the other purposes mentioned in paragraph 3 above, or (as appropriate) for providing you with information about job vacancies.
Your Information will not be used for any other purpose, or disclosed to any third party, unless we are required to do so by law, or as mentioned in the next paragraph.
For details about how we process our customers’ data when they use our products and services to our clients, please see our Licence Agreement, the standard form of which can be found on the Site.
5. Who do we share your Information with?
We may disclose your Information if we need to do so in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request, or where we have a legitimate interest in doing so, such as in order to enforce or apply a contract with you (or the organisation you represent), to investigate potential breaches, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Surf Creative or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
If another company acquires us or all or substantially all of our assets, that company will possess the same information and will assume the rights and obligations with respect to that information.
Except as set out above, we will never sell, distribute or disclose any of your Information (except anonymous aggregate data) with any third party without your express consent.
In order to provide some of our services, we may use the input of third party providers situated in countries outside Europe (such as the USA) that do not always have the same standards of Data Protection laws as the UK. However, we will ensure that contractual or other safeguards are in place to ensure that your information is adequately protected, and that enforceable rights and effective legal remedies are available for data subjects.
6. How long do we keep personal information for?
If you contact us with an enquiry but you do not (or the organisation you represent does not) enter into a contract with us, we will normally delete your personal data after 5 years. If you order (or the organisation you represent orders) any of our products or services, we normally retain contract information (including related personal data) for 6 years after the end of the relevant contract, in case issues arise during or after the termination of the contract.
If you contact us about a job vacancy, we will normally delete your personal data after 12 months, unless you become an employee of ours.
7. Your rights as a data subject
As a data subject you have certain legal rights including:
- the right to access the personal data held about you;
- the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes;
- the right to withdraw at any time any consent you have given to receive marketing material from us;
- the right to ask us to rectify inaccurate personal data about you;
- the right to ask for the restriction of personal data concerning yourself that is inaccurate, unlawfully processed, or no longer required;
- the right to ask for the erasure of personal data concerning yourself where processing is no longer necessary, or the legitimate interests we have in processing your personal data are overridden by your interests, rights and freedoms as the data subject; and
- the right to make a complaint about to the supervisory authority (the Information Commissioner’s Office).
8. Internet security
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect your Information from unauthorised use. However, as no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, we cannot take responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
Please remember that other methods of Internet communication, such as emails and messages sent via a website, are not secure unless they are encrypted. We take no responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
10. How to Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments or requests about the Site generally, please contact us by email to [email protected]
If you any questions, comments or requests regarding our use of your personal information, or wish to delete your personal information, please contact us by email to [email protected]